Guidance and Career Placement Services
|Career and Guidance Counseling Schedule|
|Monday||2:00pm - 3:00pm|
|Tuesday||1:30pm - 2:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 10:00am|
|Thursday||2:00pm - 3:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 10:00am|
The Bicol University Student Welfare Services Division is committed to assist the university academic community, especially the students to become open to growth, have mental and emotional stability/readiness in addition to intellectual competences, socially conscious and meaningfully aware of a sense of commitment.
The University Student Welfare Services Division envisions the emergence of guidance program that are responsive to regional, national and global development, which include dynamic, functional and sustainable guidance activities and student services that serve the interest and needs of its clientele.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goals of the University Student Welfare Services Division are : (1) to assist students make maximum use of their educational opportunity that will enable them to develop their potentials and become an effective member of the society; and (2) to help improve the ability of the students to understand self and environment so that he grows in self-direction towards the attainment of greater personal satisfaction and adjustment in the light of accepted social and moral values.
Specifically, the Student Welfare Services Division designated to accomplish the following objectives:
- Provide basic guidance services to the students, i.e., information, student inventory, counselling, psychological testing, career guidance, placement, follow up and referral.
- Appraise student abilities, interest, aptitudes, habits and skills for deeper analysis and understanding of the clientele to assist them to become the persons they are capable of becoming.
- To develop in students a broad and realistic view of life's opportunities and problems at all levels of training.
- To provide technical assistance to the Office of Student Affairs and Services in the management of student activities.
- To assist in the staff faculty development through instituted programs and training.
- To establish linkages with professional organizations and promote the Center's program.
- To upgrade and improve the competencies of the guidance personnel in management of student affairs.