A: applicants are required to have the following:
- A graduate (or graduating ) of any Baccalaureate degree in Science or Arts (CHED Memorandum Order No. 10 s 2010)
- With good moral character
- No record for conviction of a crime (NBI Clearance)
- Has taken the National Medical Admissions Test (NMAT)
Q: What are the Admission Requirements for BUCM?
A: Applicants must submit the following:
- Correctly and completely accomplished College of Medicine Application Form (CM-AF)
- 2 pcs of 2×2 identical recent photo with white background
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- Photocopy of transcript of records or Certified True Copy of Grades for graduating students
- NMAT Result
- Proof of Nationality (Original NSO Birth Certificate)
- NBI Clearance
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the College Dean or Guidance Counselor
- Official Receipt of the paid Application Fee (Php 1,000.00)
Q; WHAT IS THE DURATION OF THE STUDY IN BUCM?
A: The duration of study at BUCM is 5years inclusive of 1 year senior internship. Medical students will take academic subjects on the first three years including the masteral subjects and will complete MPA coursework on the 3rd year. Year 4 will be the student’s junior internship and Year 5 will cover the senior internship. Thesis can also be completed at this time.
Q: WHAT IS MEANT BY RETURN-SERVICE AGREEMENT?
A: It is a COMPULSORY 2-year service that mandates medical graduates to serve in government/NGO or other private institutions in the Philippines.
Q: how many students will be accepted for the pioneer batch in the BUCM?
A: only 100 students will be accepted for SY 2014-2015.
Q: Where can i access or download a copy of the admission form?
A: application forms are available at the Bicol University Office of Admissions and can be downloaded at www.bicol-u.edu.ph
Q: Does BUCM ACCEPT TRANSFEREE students?
A:. For SY 2014-2015, students transferring from other schools will have to start at Year 1 as long as they pass the admission requirements.
Q: How much do i pay for the application process?
A: Application fee is Php 1,000.00 paid at Bicol University Office of Admissions.
Q: can i pay the tuition fee on an installment basis?
A: Yes, 30% of the total fees can be paid initially. Installment schedule is according to University Policy.
Q: How much is the tuition fee per semester?
a: Below is a list of schedule of Tuition and Other Fees of BUCM for SY 2014-2015.
TUITION 1ST SEMESTER 2ND SEMESTER
1ST YEAR P 45,207.00 P36, 057.00
2ND YEAR P 39,667.00 P 39, 667.
3RD YEAR P 37,867.00 P 38,772.00
*Inclusive of laboratory and other fees
*MPA fees not included
Q: WHAT IS the reservation fee ?
A: Once accepted, student is required to pay reservation fee of Php 10,000 deductible from first semester tuition fee.
Q: WHERE IS BUCM LOCATED?
A: BUCM is located beside the Office of Admissions and near the College of Education at Bicol University Legazpi Campus.
Q: WHERE CAN I SEND MY QUERIES REGARDING MY APPLICATION AT BUCM?
A: You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org ,text at (0999)-5103604 or call at (052) 742-0076.