Graduates of high schools recognized by the Department of Education may be admitted as freshman into the University. Admission will be based on the applicant’s Bicol University College Entrance Test (BUCET) Composite Rating consisting of the BUCET score (80%) and his/her general weighted average in the first three years of high school (20%).
The following may apply for the BUCET:
- Students of DepEd-recognized high schools who have not taken the BUCET previously and are high school seniors expecting to graduate at the end of the school year.
- High school graduates who have not taken and/ are not taking any college subject/s.
- Holders of Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) certificates who are eligible for admission to college.
BUCET applicants must submit the following requirements:
- Correctly and completely accomplished Application Form (AF);
- Two copies of 1” x 1” identical recent photograph of the applicant to be attached in the application form;
- First to Third Year High School academic ratings affixed at the reverse side of the AF and duly signed by the school Principal and/or photocopy of PEPT results if a qualifier;
- One long-sized window envelope and P 40.00 pesos worth of stamps for mailing of test results.
- Photocopy of Form 138 for high school graduates who have not taken any college subject. (Original copy of Form 138 should be presented for authentication.)