AB COMMUNICATION PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
1) Produce competent professionals who can be gainfully employed in the audio-visual enterprise, government, computer industry and the research cultural group
2) Provide training for audio-visual enthusiasts for them to acquire a broad-based knowledge in the broadcast media, multi-media and the arts, and for them to produce high quality films and videos
3) Develop AV specialist in the undertaking of research and extension activities which will help them develop a critical and analytical framework of the socio-political and economic environment for media development
4) Enhance students’ capabilities through training, research, and development activities by establishing and strengthening linkages with various sectors
AB SPEECH AND THEATER ARTS PRGRAM OBJECTIVES
1) To provide comprehensive pre-professional training in the areas of speech communication, acting, directing, dance and theater technology
2) To train students for the teaching of speech communication, theater arts and humanities courses
3) To provide students and extended communities distinctly innovative approaches to research/creative work in the areas of speech communication and theater arts anchored on the millennium development goals
4) To enhance students’ interest and skills in research, extension, service and production activities
5) To inculcate among the students the discipline, dynamism, dedication and commitment in the preservation of the cultural heritage of the Bicolanos for national unity and identity
6) To produce competent and responsive graduates with varied skills and expertise in the different areas of speech communication and production techniques
AB BROADCASTING PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
1) Produce broadcast professionals imbued with an-depth knowledge on the interdisciplinary nature of broadcast communication
2) Develop highly critical and analytical broadcast practitioners with a thorough perspective framework of their social, political, economic and political environ
3) Equip students who would later become competent professionals with necessary communication and technical competence that will develop them to become professional communication experts/ authorities, managers, and leaders in the field of communication
4) Contribute to the professionalization of the broadcast industry as communication experts with high sense of social and moral responsibility
AB JOURNALISM PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
1) Produce professionals in the print media, advertising, public relations, government service, and non-government organizations
2) Provide students with the necessary communication skills and technical competencies that will prepare them to become dynamic communication specialists
3) Develop critical and analytical media practitioners with a high sense of social and moral responsibility who can contribute to the furtherance of freedoms of speech, of expression, and of the press
4) Generate knowledge relevant and responsive to the demands of the communication, media, advertising and public relations industries
AB ENGLISH PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
Prepare students for the requirements of varied professions and careers, particularly provide basic and workplace readiness skills in order to learn and adapt to any occupation required by both local and global markets.
Equip students with appropriate communication skills that will enable them to function effectively in the society.
Deepen appreciation of self and others, amidst diversity, through literature viewed as a means to understand humanity and the world.
Inculcate the values of integrity, responsibility, nationalism and other Filipino values necessary for the preservation of cultural heritage and national identity.
Encourage the quest for knowledge, love for truth and justice and respect for law.
Develop interest and competency for instruction, research, extension and production.