Albay Normal School was changed to Bicol Teachers College (Republic Act No. 3502.) became a regional teacher-training institution offering Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (BSEEd) and Master of Arts in Education (MAEd)
June 21, 1969
Albay Normal School became Bicol University College of Education (Republic Act 5521)
Started offering Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSEd) with various major fields
Chosen as the Center of Development for Special Education, Elementary Education and other Teacher Education Programs for Region V (DECS order No. 105 s. 1983)
Identified as a Center of Excellence for Teacher Education
Started offering Certificate in College Teaching (formerly called Certificate in Teaching or CT which was approved in 1983).
Diploma Programs in various disciplines were approved by the Board of Regents (BOR)
March 7, 2008
Became a Center of Training (COT) for DepEd Certificate and INSET Program after passing the criteria set by the Commission on Higher Education, Department of Education and Teacher Education Council
December 2, 2011
ISO Certified for provision and development of Tertiary and Graduate Degree and Non-Degree Courses, Research and Extension services
Recognized as Center for Teaching Excellence
Center of Training for K to 12 Basic Education Program. & awarded as Best Unit for the entire Bicol University Campus
Passed the Level IV, Phase 1 Accreditation.
Awarded and was renewed as a Center of Excellence (COE) in Teacher Education in Region V on November 2015
Statement of Vision
“Productive Scholarship: an academe model for core competency-based entrepreneurship”
Statement of Mission
“To pursue sustainable income-generating projects through productive scholarship in support of excellence in instruction, research and extension services.”
To effectively and efficiently implement and manage agri-based and non agri-based income-generating projects as showcase of the core competencies of the colleges and the university as a whole.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
Every BU graduate should:
demonstrate critical thinking and integrative skills into solve problems and to support lifelong learning;
communicate effectively and appropriately orally and in writing for various purposes with the responsible use ICT tools;
collaborate with diverse people ethically and with mastery of knowledge and skills in given disciplines; and
create knowledge and innovation to promote inclusive development as well as globalization.
College Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the College of Education are teachers who can:
· exhibit comprehensive content, pedagogical and technological knowledge, and understanding of the learner;
· demonstrate a wide range of skills in curriculum development, lesson planning, materials development, instructional delivery, assessment, and research;
· develop innovative teaching approaches for diverse learners;
· uphold the dignity of the teaching profession anchored on global perspectives; and
· pursue life-long learning for personal and professional growth.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the BSED/BEED Programs are teachers who:
· demonstrate in-depth understanding of the development of adolescent/elementary leaners;
· exhibit comprehensive knowledge of various learning areas in the secondary/elementary curriculum;
· create and utilize appropriate materials and assessment tools to enhance instruction and improve learning outcomes;
· practice ethical standards of the teaching profession; and exhibit willingness and capability to continue learning and render service to the community.
Flow of Transaction:
The applicant secures a triplicate then proceeds to the Dean for approval.
College Dean/ Director
The Dean approves the request.
The Cashier accepts payment and issues an Official Receipt.
The Coordinator affixes signature in the application form, apportions the copies:
1st copy= to the Applicant
2nd copy= Department Head (concerned dept.)
and records the O.R. number in the logbook.
Admission and Entrance Requirements
High School graduates may be admitted to the Bicol University College of Education as freshmen if they meet the following conditions:
1. Payment of non-refundable examination fee of one hundred pesos (P100.00).
2. Certification of good moral character from the principal of the secondary school last attended.
3. Meeting the quota score in the BU College Entrance Test (BUCET).
4. Medical Certificate;
5. Passing the interview by the College Screening Committee.
Certificate in College Teaching (CCT)