- Develop the sound academic, moral and ethical values of a professional biologist.
- Carry out scientific research aligned with the research thrust of the University and generate new knowledge as research output.
- Apply biotechnological knowledge for sustained economic growth and development in the region.
- Demonstrate effective technical and communication skills necessary to join the academe, industry and research institutions and/or pursue advanced studies
- Demonstrate broad and coherent knowledge and understanding in the fundamental chemical sub-field of analytical, inorganic, organic, biochemistry and physical chemistry including background in math and physics.
- Gather and process data effectively using standard laboratory equipment and apply good laboratory practices.
- Provide creative and innovative solution in solving problems involving chemistry, using current disciplinary and interdisciplinary principles while recognizing professional, social, and ethical responsibility.
- Demonstrate capability for professional practice under current global standards employing life-long learning.
- Collaborate effectively with multicultural teams in multi-disciplinary endeavours.
- Articulate orally and in writing the least developments in the specific field of practice using both English and Filipino; and
- Preserve and promote “Filipino historical and cultural heritage”.
BS Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, one of the programs offered by the College of Science under the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CS/IT) is designed to prepare students for a career in Computer Science and other related fields, equipped with the necessary skills to pursue advanced studies, and/or become applications developer, computer science instructor, database programmer/designer, Information Security Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, researcher, systems developer, systems analysts or other Information Technology Professionals who shall develop and promote information and communications technology in the region in the field of Computer Science.
- Utilize concepts and theories of computing, algorithmic foundation and apply new developments in computing.
- Develop algorithmically complex software and effective algorithms for solving computing problems.
- Acquire the skills and the discipline required for designing, writing, and modifying software components, modules, and applications that comprise software solutions.
- Apply the basic cultural, social, legal, and ethical practices inherent in the discipline of computing.
- Engage the life-long learning to adapt to innovations and change in order to be successful.
BS Information Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT), one of the programs offered by the College of Science under the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology is designed to prepare students for a career in Information Technology and other related fields, equipped with the necessary skills to pursue advanced studies, and/or become Applications Developer, Database Administrator, Entrepreneur in IT industry, Information Security Administrator, Information Technology Instructor, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Systems Analysts, Technical Support Specialist, Test Engineer, Web Administrator/ Web Master and Web Developer other Information Technology Professionals who shall develop and promote Information and Communications Technology in the region in the field of Information Technology.
- Utilize and implement hardware and software technologies that provide computing solutions to address the needs of an organization.
- Identify various needs within the organization and provide solution using computing technologies.
- Apply basic cultural, social, legal, and ethical practices inherent in the discipline of computing.
- Engage in life-long learning to adapt to innovations and change in order to be successful.