A world-class university producing leaders and change agents for social transformation and development.
"To give professional and technical training and provide advanced and specialized instruction in literature, philosophy, the sciences and arts, besides providing for the promotion of scientific and technological researches, (RA 5521, Sec. 3)."
In order that the graduates of Bicol University shall be proud flag bearers of the quality of eduction the university stands for, the following goals shall be vigorously pursued:
- Provide relevant and responsive curricular programs for undergraduate and graduate education which meet national and international standards of quality and excellence. The academic programs shall graduate employable citizens in their profession;
- Generate and transfer knowledge and technology that shall address poverty in the region, integrating research and extension activities to improve the productivity of key economic sectors supportive of sustainable barangay, provincial, regional and national economic development;
- Optimize the resource-generation capacity of the university pursuing academe-based entrepreneurship anchored on the core competence of the faculty and the vast land resources of the University alongside fund sourcing through partnership-building and networking to support the delivery of quality instruction, research and extension functions of the university;
- Effect timely administrative and academic support services through simplification of processes and actualization of the highest degree of efficiency and effectiveness in the administrative system and operation, therefore, promoting the university's mandate of quality instruction, research, extension and production; and
- Provide physical environment supportive of the instruction, research, extension and production programs.