Thirty-five faculty researchers of Bicol University participated in a seminar-workshop meant to train them to transform their research results into policy proposals that can be used by government officials to create policies that will benefit society.
The event called “Transforming Research and Evidence to Policy Impact” was held November 16-18 at the Patio de San Jose in Malilipot, Albay. The sessions included:
· Introduction to Evidence-Based Research and Futures-Oriented Policymaking
· Ensuring Policy Effectiveness: Strategic Governance Foresight Process
· Scenario Development and Analysis
· Three-Horizon Strategic Planning and Stress-Testing
· Understanding Policy Dynamics and Establishing Policy Network and Environment: The Who’s, What’s, Why’s, and How’s
· Communicating Policy Change and Innovation: Framing and Messaging Towards Policy Impact
Workshops followed each lecture session. The lecturers and facilitators from the UP National College of Public Administration and Governance (UP NCPAG) were led by Dr. Reginald G. Ugaddan, the Program Director of the Governance Futures Lab of UP NCPAG.
The event was spearheaded by the BU Futures Thinking and Strategic Foresight Committee, headed by Dr. Samuel C. Bobiles.
“Higher education institutions should not only be generators of knowledge and technologies but also developers of models of governance based on the results of research undertakings. This seminar-workshop is meant to help the faculty researchers transform their research results into policies,” Bobiles said. | by, Gremil Alessandro Alcazar Naz