Office of Student Affairs and Services
Office of Student Affairs and Services
The Office of Student Affairs and Services (OSAS) of the Bicol University is in charge of the provision of the Student Personnel Services (SPS), an integrated comprehensive system of co-curricular services and activities aimed at contributing to the fulfillment of the University’s mission statement. The OSS works alongside the academic colleges and units in the development of well-balanced and rounded students through the promotion of their general welfare. Its mission is to promote student’s access, welfare, achievement, development and postgraduate success. The OSS also offers services to students to help them cope more effectively with the many facets of university life which can affect academic work: financial aids, health services, individual and/or group counseling, career planning, procedures for redressing grievances, standards for student’s conduct, due process in the event of disciplinary action and advice/assistance in time of trouble. A variety of programs and activities are offered by OSS to provide opportunities to students to become involved in campus life outside the classroom: orientation of new students, students’ organizations, student publication and events of special interest.
- Ensure the proper balance between the rights of the university as an institution and the rights of students by promoting the well-being of the students through informative activities designed to facilitate student adjustment to life in an academic setting.
- Improve the quality of student affairs and services in the university by providing an environment which is generally supportive of student welfare.
- Promote access to quality, relevant, efficient, and effective student affairs and services by providing opportunities for student to learn skills needed for optimum learning in the university and appreciative of the dynamics of humanity.
- Support student development and welfare by helping them to utilize their potentials to the fullest, pursuit of further education, economic enterprise development, free expression of one’s religious orientation, and activities that would cater and provide equal opportunities to marginalized students, persons with disabilities, indigenous, solo parents, etc.
- Ensure that Bicol University provides holistic approach for student affairs and services and comply with the minimum requirements for SAS by establishing a more dynamic and person-oriented student welfare, development and institutional student program services that respond to student needs and concerns.
Bicol University Handbook (REPRINTED VERSION 2019)
This recent edition of the student handbook captures all the essential policies and regulations of the University with reference to pertinent Board
Resolutions and national laws, especially R.A. 10931 or the Universal.
Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act. It aims to serve as a guide for all students of the University, from the basic education department to the College of Medicine.
Since this is a comprehensive manual, not all specific rules and protocols
observed by the respective units may be included, so these concerned departments are encouraged to disseminate them through a separate information bulletin or during their own orientation programs at the beginning of the academic year. It is to be noted, however, that no information to be shared must run contrary to the provisions of this manual.
May all Buenos find this handbook a useful and reliable companion in their
stay here in Bicol University as they support the observance and implementation of all the policies of this esteemed institution. Ultimately, may this document serve as a means for students to uphold the ideals of the University and exemplify the four pillars of Scholarship, Leadership, Character and Service.
Office of the Dean of the Student Affairs and Services
Click here to download >> BU STUDENT HANDBOOK
Self-Enrollment Step by Step Procedure:
Click Self-Enrollment Step by Step Procedure for further instructions.
NBC 461 Step by Step Guide (Teaching Evaluation):
Click NBC 461 Step by Step Guide for further instructions.
Student Development Services
Provides services and programs that are designed for the enhancement and deepening of leadership skills and social responsibility which include
- Student Activities
- Student Organizations and Activities
- Leadership Training
- Student Council/ Government
- Student Discipline
- Student Publication/ Yearbook
- Student Handbook Development
- Social and Community Involvement Programs
STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- 2020-2021 Accredited/Re-accredited University Based Organization
- Accreditation/ Re-accreditation of Student Organization
- Application Form for Candidacy
- Application Form for New Political Party
- Application Form for Re-accreditation of Existing Political Party
- Parents’ Permit/ JURAT
- Clearance Form for USC,CSC and UBO Officers
- Score Sheet (Outstanding Graduate)
- Score Sheet (Outstanding Student Organization)
- Score Sheet (Outstanding University/ College Student