Mission and Vision
"BU's R&D mission is to contribute to the generation, enhancement, and transfer of technology in support to the development of the Bicol University and to the uplifting of the socioeconomic condition of the Bicol Region.”
"A university that is imbued with a dynamic, relevant, and aresponsive research culture dedicated towards the generation and dissemination of information and technology that address, institutional, regional, and national development needs."
- (a) Enhance the R&D capability of the BU faculty thru the institutionalization of training courses;
- (b) Provide a conducive policy environment is the university that will stimulate and/or enhance the research interest of the faculty;
- (c) Put in place dynamic R&D programs and projects that are reflective of and responsive to institutional, regional, and national development thrusts and priorities; and
- (d) Facilitate the dissemination and commercialization of research results and mature technologies.
Objectives and Targets
- To package and conduct at least one training every quarter to enhance the R&D capability of BU personnel.
- To review and formulate policies that will provide the conducive working environments for increased research output of the University.
- To put in a place a revitalized support structure responsive to the R&D activities of the colleges.
- To develop a core of faculty-researchers along Bicol's priority commodities and disciplines.
- To package and conduct R&D activities that are responsive to certain institutional, regional, and national development concerns.
- To showcase mature technologies for dissemination and commercialization.